Monday, March 19, 2012

The Cuckoo Clock


THE CUCKOO CLOCK  

The other night I was invited out for a night with the girls. I told
my husband that I would be home by midnight, "I promise!"

  Well, the hours passed and the margaritas went down way too easily.
  Around 3 am, a bit loaded, I headed for home.

  Just as I got in the door, the cuckoo clock in the hallway started up
  and cuckooed 3 times.

  Quickly, realizing my husband would probably wake up, I cuckooed
  another 9 times. I was really proud of myself for coming up with such
  a quick-witted solution, in order to escape a possible conflict with
  him.

  (Even when totally smashed... I knew that 3 cuckoos plus 9 cuckoos
  totals = 12 cuckoos or MIDNIGHT!).

  The next morning my husband asked me what time I got in, I told him,
  "Midnight, honey. Just like I promised."

  He didn't seem pissed off in the least.

  Smugly, I told myself that I had gotten away with that one!

  Then he said "We need a new cuckoo clock."

  When I asked him why, he said, "Well, last night our clock cuckooed
  three times, then it said: 'Oh, shit!', then it cuckooed 4 more times,
  cleared it's throat, cuckooed another three times, giggled, cuckooed
  twice more, and then tripped over the coffee table and farted."

No comments: