Friday, December 28, 2012

Boycott NBC nightly news until 01/28/2013

Boycott NBC nightly news until 01/28/2013.

The NBC nightly news is often my choice for TV news at 6pm here in Los Angeles, but I object strongly to something I just saw and this is my response.

What I saw -- heard, actually -- was reporter Whit ______ introducing the fiscal cliff story with this phrase : "...the financial future of all Americans hangs in the balance."

I think this is hyperbole and over dramatization and I do not want to support this.

I for a long time have advocated this action, and this is my current version.

I encourage anyone to do as I am doing here and stop shaking their heads and take a little action. Should this become a popular way to interact with the stations, I believe we can get more news that we want and less bullshit to scare us and fill us with political stories of doom and images of fires, car-crashes, and shootings.

Much more later.

Douglas Douglas out


No comments: